PERMITS / FEES
Our building inspector is Brian Witkowski:
Witkowski Inspection Agency, LLC
18 West Main St. • Suite K
Chilton, WI 53014.
Inspector hours are 11:30 am to 12:30 pm Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or by appointment.
- Office staffed on Mondays thru Friday from 8:00 am to noon.
- Calling ahead is recommended.
- New Email Address: email@example.com
- Inspector Phone Numbers: Office: 920-912-0832
Give Brian a call to determine which permit applies to your construction, replacement or remodeling project.
DO I NEED A BUILDING PERMIT?
When your project involves:
- An addition or change to the exterior or interior of your home
- Any type of electrical, heating or plumbing work
- Culverts or driveways
For exterior work, you need a permit to:
- Change the size of window or door openings
- Install a new swimming pool (above or in-ground), either temporary or permanent
- Add a screened porch
- Build a new storage shed, farm building, garage, deck, house or boathouse
- Install a hot tub
- Install new siding
For interior work, you need a permit to:
- Install a hot tub or whirlpool
- Alter a bathroom or kitchen
- Install or replace a furnace or hot water heater
- Install or replace a central air conditioner
- Install or replace a fireplace
- Add new electrical outlets
- Change the number of dwelling units
- Finish your basement
- Any interior alterations
What if I don’t get a permit?
Permits are required by Town Ordinances and Wisconsin Statutes. If you don’t get one when you should, the Town can fine you for the violation for every day the work is not in compliance. This can be expensive. The permit and accompanying inspections are to assure you that the work is up to code and safe. Projects not done according to code can affect your home’s insurability and potential sale. Prospective buyers can check the Town’s building records. (Please note these lists are not all-inclusive, but they do call out the most common projects.)
When you project involves:
- Painting the exterior or interior of your building
- Pouring a concrete patio or walkway
- Installing gutters and downspouts
- Installing storm windows and screens
Contact Town Building Inspector Brian Witkowski.
- NEW Online Application: Work in right-a-way permit application for PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION regulated utilities
- Culvert Permit Estimate & Application
- Building Permit Attachment
- Conditions of Approval, Required Items & Inspections
- Erosion Control Application
- New Home – Required Item Checklist
- Building Permit Forms
- Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit
- Work in right-a-way permit application for NON-PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION regulated utilities
- Work in right-a-way permit application for PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION regulated utilities